no internet on subnet
I've created a vm with server 2012 & 2008 r2, I've put them on .3 subdomain and there's no internet access at all. The default gateway is our main router which is on .0 subdomain is there any way to fix this without moving the vms to .0 subdomain?
June 22nd, 2012 8:33am

Make sure local DNS server has own address as primary and 127.0.0.1 as secondary (assuming only one DNS server) in network connection properties and is not multi-homed. Also put public DNS addresses as forwarders only on local DNS server. Client should end up with local DNS address only so client can find and logon to domain. Forwarders are so clients can find and resolve internet queries. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2012 8:51am

Hi cinek12, Thanks for posting here. Please first check if we can reach out internet gateway at .0 subnet form these newly created VM where at .3 subnet . we can test by ping <internal address of router> and see if we would get reply. This will help to determin the connectivity between these two subnets . And please also following what Dave suggested to properly configure the internet name resolution for these VMs and test if we can get the proper DNS response by command nslookup <any internet domain> form VMs. Thanks. Tiger LiTiger Li TechNet Community Support
June 25th, 2012 10:40pm

Hi cinek12, Thanks for posting here. Please first check if we can reach out internet gateway at .0 subnet form these newly created VM where at .3 subnet . we can test by ping <internal address of router> and see if we would get reply. This will help to determin the connectivity between these two subnets . And please also following what Dave suggested to properly configure the internet name resolution for these VMs and test if we can get the proper DNS response by command nslookup <any internet domain> form VMs. Thanks. Tiger Li Tiger Li TechNet Community Support When I ping the router which is on .0 subnet I get this reply: reply from 192.168.3.1 (which is the vm): Destination host unreachable
June 26th, 2012 3:51am

The gateway is set to the routers ip address
June 27th, 2012 5:43am

P{lease post unedited ipconfig /all of AD/DNS server and problem client so we can check some things. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
June 27th, 2012 5:46am

From cmd.exe run; dcdiag /v /c /d /e /s:dcname >c:\dcdiag.txt then upload file to skydrive and post link. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
June 27th, 2012 8:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics