no dvd player works in windows sever 2008
I am using windows 2008 server of 32 bits ,my pc is intetl core i5-2310,4 Gb of RAM,3.20 GHz,and i can not play any movie dvd I downlodaded real player , winamp, cyberlink powerdvd,and they does not work none of them has a version for windows 2008 server, the last "was advanced dvd player" that said specifically for windows server 2008 and it does not work too could you help me please?. if it is a free dvd player would be better thank you in advance
July 19th, 2012 3:15pm

Windows Server 2008 doesn't have any codecs to play dvd installed. You can try VLC http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 19th, 2012 4:27pm

Install the Desktop Experience Feature. It will give you Windows 7 media player which should fix your issue. Open up Server manager>Click Features>Click Add Features>Check Desktop Experience>follow the on screen instructions. If you need codecs I would try and find a server version of k lite codecs, which I am not sure exist but the win 7 k lite should install on Server 2008 R2.
July 20th, 2012 8:37am

Install the Desktop Experience Feature. It will give you Windows 7 media player which should fix your issue. Open up Server manager>Click Features>Click Add Features>Check Desktop Experience>follow the on screen instructions. If you need codecs I would try and find a server version of k lite codecs, which I am not sure exist but the win 7 k lite should install on Server 2008 R2.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 20th, 2012 8:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics