no dsn is present in the configuration file in the reporting services 2008

HI i have found this error in the log file of my reporting services ,

when i comes to the Configuration file in that

my DSN path is empty no input code is there in that DSN tags

<DSN>

<DSN/>

it shows the empty tags,

and my Current Report Server Report Credentials are Windows,Service account credentails will it take the problem or what

We have repair the BIDS setup also still not able to solve my issue.

once this is  resolved now able to send the emails using subscriptions.

pls infom abut this , i have sufferd this problem last 20 days.

Please update the above query with high priority

TanQ

• Edited by Ychinnari Friday, February 20, 2015 7:30 AM
February 19th, 2015 6:02pm

Hi Ychinnari,

According to your description, you found error in log file of reporting services, when you come to rsreportserver.config file, the DSN tag is empty.

DSN specify the database server that hosts the report server database connection string.  The report server database is created, this value will be encrypted and added to the configuration file. To solve the problem, we need to connect to either an existing report server database or create a new one for this instance. For detail information, please refer to the following steps:

1. Start the Reporting Services Configuration Manager and connect to the report server instance for which you are creating the database.
  2. On the Database page, click Change Database.
  3. We can create a new report server database or select an existing database, then click Next.
  4. Connect to the instance of the Database Engine that you will use to create and host the report server database.
  5. Specify properties used to create the database.
  6. Specify the credentials used by the report server to connect to the report server database.
  7. Review the information on the Summary page to verify the settings are correct, and then click Next.
  8. Verify the connection by clicking a URL on the Report Server URL page or Report Manager URL page.

For detail information about Configure a Report Server Database Connection, please refer to the following document:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159133.aspx

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Wendy Fu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 20th, 2015 12:49pm

HI Wendy,

I have configured the same but still same problem,no changes has occurd in the Config file and in the report server Subscription

February 20th, 2015 1:16pm

Hi Ychinnari,

I am afraid you need to uninstall and install Reporting Services. Please refer to the following documents:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mariae/archive/2009/07/10/recommendations-when-uninstalling-installing-reporting-services.aspx
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh479745(v=sql.110).aspx

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Wendy Fu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 23rd, 2015 4:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics