network services account .net framework folder
It seems the GPO in our company pushes down the security settigns to not allow network services account to have write access to the folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\. is it a bad practice security wise to give this account write access to this folder? Thanks.
October 31st, 2011 12:41am

You may need to ask the admin who deployed this GPO.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 1st, 2011 11:35pm

that would be me and microsoft.
November 1st, 2011 11:37pm

The .net folder should have write access for the asp applications to work. You need to register your version of IIS. Do this: Open a command prompt. Navigate to 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files' Run this: aspnet_regiis.exe -i this should fix the issue else. Open a command prompt and type gpresult look under the computer configuration to see what policies are applied. Vinod H
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 2nd, 2011 1:36am

The .net folder should have write access for the asp applications to work. You need to register your version of IIS. Do this: Open a command prompt. Navigate to 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files' Run this: aspnet_regiis.exe -i this should fix the issue else. Open a command prompt and type gpresult look under the computer configuration to see what policies are applied. Vinod H
November 2nd, 2011 8:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics