netsh advfirewall set group rule error
I am using HyperV Server 2008 R2 and I was adding firewall rules to be able to manage hard drives. I figured out that I was missing a rule on my personal firewall (Win7) to be able to connect to the VHD service. Now the problem is that every time I try to change a group rule, I get an error. The error is "Impossible de spécifier le groupe avec d'autres conditions d'identification". I have tried to google it but since it's in French, I did not find anything. In English, it could be something like "Unable to specify group with other credentials". Does it say something to someone? Could anyone give me the exact English error so that I can search why it happens? Or give me a hint on how to fix it? Thanks,
June 27th, 2011 10:18am

Hi ZaSz-RH, Thank you for your post. The error message is "Can not specify a group with other identification requirements" via translate Google page. If you want to remote manage Hyper-V via Windows 7, just need to install RSAT tool on Windows 7. If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2011 4:26am

Hi, Yes I have the tools and yes I am able to manage HyperV with them when I disable the firewall on HyperV. Adding group rules do not work (error message). I was not really looking for a Google translation, I was looking for the exact English HyperV message so that I can find why it happens. Thank you,
June 28th, 2011 8:33am

I had to be local administrator for the firewall commands to work.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2012 2:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics