netbt.sys -error
Probably the problem caused by netbt.sys (netbt+1984),could some one please let me know what services is netbt.sys file does . Kindly shared the thoughts. Thanks & regards, Sundar S
November 24th, 2010 9:50pm

Hi, What is the exact error message? Do you encounter the Blue Screen code about netbt.sys? What is the Operating System? Basically, the Netbt.sys driver is a kernel-mode component of Windows Server 2003 that supports the Transport Driver Interface (TDI). Services such as Workstation (redirector) and Server (file server) use the TDI interface directly, but traditional NetBIOS applications have their calls mapped from the NetBIOS API to the TDI API by the Netbios.sys driver. It is located in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers directory. Best Regards DalePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 25th, 2010 2:51am

Hi, file system redirectory ( srv.sys ) which is used to negotiate, establish connection for file transfer uses netbt.sys i dont think there is need to understand the functionality of TDI , but you should see why is that netbt.sys is causing an error. If you are debugger , do let me know i would answer in much deeper way.
November 26th, 2010 12:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics