net use status
Dear all We have the following environment:- WinXP SP3 clients- Win2008 Cluster Server with Domain DFS- Windows Domain (Function level Server 2003) Problem:we connecting the network share with the DFS name to the clients, we are using the following UNC path "\\DomainName\share" (for example: \\ad.local\share).If I check the connetions with net use command I don't see the status. With other drives that are connected with the servername instead of the domain dfs name the status is OK or disconected.Anybody has this issue too?I'm not sure this has to do with that, but we discovering some strange issues when the client is at home and working "offline" and has a network connection active with his home network. Everytime he opens windows explorer it takes about 30sec. until the explorer respondes. If the DFS drives is disconnected Windows explorer starts normally.Thanks for your helpPatrick
February 3rd, 2010 2:11pm

Hi Patrick, Thank you for reporting this. I can reproduce the issue as well. I will report it to product team. Sincerely, Wilson JiaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 5th, 2010 10:10am

Hi WilsonThanks for the respond, so I will wait for an Hotfix...Patrick
February 5th, 2010 12:56pm

Hi,we have a similar problem:- Windows XP SP3 + latest updates- Windows 2003 Server Domain- mapped drives to DFS sharesWhen we remove the DFS shares on the client PC's everything runs well when these are off-line, if the drives are mapped, Windows Explorer hangs at least 2 minutes.We have tested with Windows 7: looks that Microsoft latest has major improvements with this because we have no problem with this OS.However, upgrading to Windows 7 is not an option at this time.Waiting for a hotfix for Windows XP !Thank youAlex
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 26th, 2010 10:26am

Hello We created a Ticket at Microsoft and after a few weeks of testing and troubleshooting they gave us the advice to use DNS Alias instead of DFS shares... they don't have a solution for that. So we will remove the DFS and use "normale" file shares with DNS Alias. RegardsPatrick
April 12th, 2010 12:02pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics