net statistics server - Password violations - Incrementing by 3
When I do a net statistics server the Password violations is 0. A few minutes later it is 3, a few more it is 6, etc It reached 661. Can someone tell me what is doing this? I have changed my Remote Desktop Connection Port, as I thought it might be this?
January 12th, 2011 11:23pm

Hi, Please help clarify the following questions: 1. When did the issue begin to occur? 2. Have you installed hardware, software, update or made any changes recently? 3. Except the “Password violations” issue, did you encounter other issues such as logon failure, unable to access system resources? 4. What is the OS version on which you run the “net statistics” command? 5. Have you installed IIS, Exchange on the server? This Password Violations number represents the number of times that users have entered passwords incorrectly. Please help gather the following files for research. MPSReport ------------------- Please generate a MPS Directory Service report on the computer that is reporting the error. The MPS report is utilized to gather detailed information regarding a system's current configuration. The data collected will assist me with problem isolation. To do this: a. Download Microsoft Product Support Reports tool from the following link, according to your system architecture. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en b. Right click on downloaded mpsreports_x86.exe or mpsreports_x64.exe, and choose Run as Administrator. c. Agree the License Agreement, and choose This Computer. d. Select General, Internet and Networking, Business Networks, Server Components, and click Next. e. After finishing collecting logs, please choose Save the result to save it to a .CAB file, and send the CAB file to the workspace. Note: Sometimes the CAB file may fail to be generated on your machine. This is usually caused by the interference from some third-party application such as certain antivirus program. If it still cannot be generated after another attempt, then please manually zip all the output files in the following folder and send the .zip file to the workspace. "%systemroot%\MPSReports\DirSvc\Logs Please also paste the “net statistics server” result here. Upload these file to the following workspace. ------------------------------------------------------------ You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: (https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=78815939-2f74-4a2b-87fd-5fb5e4d7d676) Password: %5AmyIL@sv3 Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding. Thanks. Nina This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 16th, 2011 11:47pm

Thanks. I will isolate the server and shut down all my services, IIS and SQL server and will have a look to see if it increases. Will report results.
January 18th, 2011 4:34am

Hi, I shut down the services and it stopped incrementing. But after a day or so it started again. I have a new blade server turning up next week so I will be using this. I will install the software and my services and will monitor. If the issue arrises again I will post back thanks for your time.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 28th, 2011 3:41pm

Hi, this is not happening on the new servers. I can only guess one of my old services is playing up. Thanks for your time.
February 27th, 2011 9:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics