net share command does not show some shares
Hi, I am on a WIndows 2008 cluster. When I create a share locally via: "net share test=n:\test /grant:redmond\username,full", it creates the share. When a try to view it via: "net share", it doesn't show it locally. When I log into another server and do a: "rmtshare \\servername", I can see and use the share. Is there some sort of firewall or security setting I need to unset? Thanks in advance,
December 6th, 2007 12:23am

How highly available file serversm with their associated shared folders work in W2K8 Failover clustering is completely different. The interaction with the server service has been completely re-done for W2K8 Failover Clusters (shares are now 'scoped' in the context of the CAP). Cluster shares are still visiable in the context of the clustered Client Access Point (CAP) as you saw above. These shares are no longer maintained in Services\lanmanserver\shares but are actually part of the cluster registry hive under the FIle Server resource. Doing it this way results in a significant reduction in failover time for HA File Servers. Thanks. Chuck
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 9th, 2007 7:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics