need SSIS event handler for long running event

Hi,

I have a long running table load task that I would like to monitor using an event handler. I have tried the progress and information events but neither generates a message during the actual table load. Is there a way to invoke an event during the SSIS data flow task when it 1%, 2% done?

thanks

February 18th, 2015 5:22pm

My understanding you need to run a package manually and while you sit and wait a progress bar would indicate progress.

The OnProgerress event can be used to drive info messages to the output window, but that is about it inside SSDT/BIDS/Visual Studio. E.g.

Dts.Events.FireInformation(0, MySTR, "Some progress made loading table ABC", String.Empty, 0, False)

How this can be extended is by logging the status to say a file or a database table (shared memory may be will work).

And that progress change can be captured by an external custom written application.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2015 9:14pm

I am not sure about event handler here but to make data load faster to SQL table you can use "Fast Load" option.

February 19th, 2015 3:39am

Do you now how many rows the source table have ? You can run SELECT statement on the destination to find out how many data has been inserted.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 19th, 2015 3:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics