my documents not accessible to user or admin
Our Network: Server 2003 Standard file server, Server 2008 Enterprise terminal server, XP professional workstations, active directory and group policies, folder redirection for students. Students log into the domain either in the lab from a thin client to Server 2008, or from another location in the school via a xp workstation. Situation: Random students cannot save to, or even open their my documents folder. Administrator (me) can browse to the students home folder inside the user folder, but cannot access the my documents folder. Access is denied. These students can save to their general home directory, but not to the my document folder, where things are supposed to be redirected. Path to a typical user folder: \\vuesnt\user\nshepard This problem only happens to occasional random users. How do I fix? If I need to provide any more information please let me know. Thanks.
January 13th, 2011 12:11pm

I forgot to mention that the domain controller (active directory/group policy) is also running Server 2008 Enterprise.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 13th, 2011 12:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics