msmqtask.dll
I tried to install the ENT edition of 2005, the release version.  I continue to get an error stating the the install was unable to build the type lib for Microsoft.SqlServer.MsmqTask.dll.

I tried multiple uninstalls scenaios, including cleaning the registry, cleaning the file system, using the cleanup tool from the CTP, and I uninstalled MSMQ.

I can not seem to find my way out of this bag.  The net result is that I can not import an existing Database.  At least that's the first problem I found.

LT
November 5th, 2005 2:57am

This is an issue when Microsoft.SqlServer.MSMQTask is left behind in COM+ catalog. You can workaround it by:

1. Open Administrative Tools\Component Services

2. Go to Component Services\Computers\My Computer\COM+ Applications

3. Delete Microsoft.SqlServer.MSMQTask

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 23rd, 2007 6:36pm

And what if you get this error and the Microsoft.SqlServer.MSMQTask is not there?

I clicked on ignore eventually, but this should not be ok.

May 1st, 2007 11:39am

The error also happens due to invalid or not enough rights in all the HKCR\Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks. ... keys. The administrator group has only read access. Setting all keys of this group to full access solves this problem
May 4th, 2007 7:57pm

Yes, that's the solution is to give rights to all the MessageQueueTask keys. I ran regmon about half way throught the process of clicking theinstall and I found the following:

found some access denied keys, keys....

HKCR\Microsoft.SqlServer.DTS.Tasks.MessageQueueTask.DataFileMessage..

I didn't check them all individually but when I changed the permissions for all the MessageQueueTask keys it worked.

Example: MessageQueueTask.ServerCompMQTask

If you get the error, you can just jump into regedit and modify these keys and click retry instead of going through all the install process all over again.

The first solution did not work for me, assigned rights to the registry MessageQueueTask keys did. It's an Install bug.

January 13th, 2008 2:52am

Well, I ran on another issue with the very same assembly. I had first 64 bit version of SSIS installed, but had to remove it and install the 32 bit one. This on a AMD64 based box. I got the following error : "We cannot find the component Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.MessageQueueTask.ServerCompMQTask we've just installed". I checked the registry as described in the post here and all the keys had Full rights for the Administrators group.

SoI decided to help the installation withsome manual intervention. First I removed the COM+ application.Then iextracted all the keys for the MSMQLog component from the registry, set the proper CLSIDs and ProgIDs for the component in question and imported these keys back in the registry. ThenI hit the Retry button from the message box with the error, but still nothing happend. To my surprise, some of the keys in the registry for this component were modified or removed by the installation. For example the key HKCR\Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.MessageQueueTask.ServerCompMQTask was removed completely, while the key HKCR\Classes\Record\Wow6432Node\<CLSID of the component> was modified. To me it appeared that the installation removed important keys from the registry and then complains it cannot find the component.

After struggling with this for some time, I gave up and continued the installation by hitting the Ignore button. After this, I applied the SP2 for SQL Server 2005.

Whenthis was done, I exported the COM+ application from another server and imported it to the one in question. For my surprise again, the component was listed twice.I inspected the registry and still the key HKCR\Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.MessageQueueTask.ServerCompMQTask was missing, only the key HKCR\Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.MessageQueueTask.ServerCompMQTask.9 was there. Furthermore the key HKCR\Classes\Record\Wow6432Node\<CLSID of the component>\InprocServer contained values for the class, assembly etc. This was the case for the key HKCR\Classes\Record\Wow6432Node\<CLSID of the component>\InprocServer\9.0.242.0 as well. Compared to the MSMQLog component related keys, only the version key contained the values about class and assembly. This might explain why it was appearing twice in the COM+ application.

So at the endI imported the registry keys again, removed the imported COM+ applicaitonthen and then created a new one manually. After this I registered the component in the application and configured it appropriately.

I would just ask if this is enough to have the same result as if the installation was not interrupted by this error?

Thanks in advance!

April 10th, 2008 7:10am

That was it, Thank you

August 9th, 2008 12:07am

I changed all the keys with HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.MessageQueueTask... to Full Control for Administrators and then hit Retry without starting over.  Worked!!!

Thanks so much,

Russell

July 15th, 2015 6:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics