move 2 servers from one site to another
heyi have 2 siteson site A i have 2 domain controler windows server 2003R2 , they hold all the roleson site B i have 2 domain controler windows server 2003R2 and 1 server TSE 2003R2 all the DC are Global catalogI had to move from site B to site A one of the DC and the TSE, i want to be sure that my process is correct:1)on site B disconnect from the network the DC and the TSE2) modify their IP adress with one adress from site A and stop the servers3) on site A, modify in sites and services, the location of the DC who will move4) deplace the DC and the TSE on site A, start the serverscan you confirm me it is ok ?second question:normaly my users on site B can open a session because i still have a DC who is global catalog on the site , is it correct to ?thanks a lotnicolas
October 30th, 2009 6:35pm

Hi Nicolas, The actual steps depend on the roles on your DCs. Your main steps are OK, if there is any error after moving, please check the DNS records first and make sure old records are removed and new records are created correctly. For your reference: How to move a DC to another site? http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2005/11/25/165.aspx If there is any problem, please let us know the detailed information and help to collect MPS report of the moved DCs for research. 1) Download proper MPS Report tool from the website below. Microsoft Product Support Reports http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en 2) Double-click to run it, if requirement is not met, please follow the wizard to download and install them. After that, click Next, when the "Select the diagnostics you want to run" page appears, select "General", "Server Components", click Next. 3) After collecting all log files, choose "Save the results", choose a folder to save <Computername>MPSReports.cab file. Please use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the file and then give us the download address. Thanks. Mervyn TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 2nd, 2009 6:35am

Hi Nicolas, As mervyn explained there is no problem / issue that i can see in the migration process and if any errors after migration , you would need to concentrate on the DNS.
November 3rd, 2009 8:08am

hey, i just made the migration this week end, whitout any pb thanks a lotnicolas
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 9th, 2009 7:59pm

Hi Nicolas, Thank you for update and glad to hear there is no problem. If you have more questions in the future, youre welcomed to this forum. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
November 10th, 2009 5:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics