mount nfs linux-host from windows 2008R2 client
hi guys i created a nfs host on fedora core 13 system. From diffferent linux clients, i was able to mount thi nfs share successfully. From windows server 2008 client, i wasn't able to. i got ' net error 53". any hint will be great!!
December 30th, 2010 9:53pm

Hello, please check the following: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753302(WS.10).aspxBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 31st, 2010 11:07am

hi I actually had tried that before I don't understand "the username created for this test" . How shoudl I proceed ? I tried the "map network drive", but windows pops up username/password sub-windows which I don't know which users to enter. As I recall, I don't create any username while installing NFS on my linux- host. thanks!! To map a drive letter to a UNIX-based NFS shared resource On a UNIX-based server running NFS software, create an NFS shared resource. Create a test file on the shared resource. Log on to the computer running Windows Server 2008 and Client for NFS with one of the Windows user accounts that you created for this test. Open Windows Explorer (My Computer) and on the Tools menu, click Map Network Drive. Type either the UNIX-style server and shared resource name (hostname://sharedresourcename) or the Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path of the NFS shared resource on the UNIX file server, and then click OK.
December 31st, 2010 1:29pm

I think your configuration doesn’t allow anonymous access. If possible, please edit the share permissions on Linus to allow anonymous access and test. Or create a user with password on Linux for Windows access. Add this user into the share permissions and try this user account from Windows side. Thanks This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 3rd, 2011 3:10am

Hi, Do you need any other assistance? If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 5th, 2011 2:41am

hey sorry for the late reply!! actually, I switched strategy and used SAMBA instead. I was trying to make IIS be able to read/write from/into a linux-mounted shared storage. SAMBA seems to do the job quite easily ;) but, thanks alot for your help!
January 11th, 2011 1:22pm

Thank you for update. Glad to hear SAMBA works. If you have more questions in the future, you’re welcomed to this forum. Regards This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 12th, 2011 1:25am

Here's my "formula" for getting NFS on Linux working with Windows 7 Client for NFS. It opens up some holes (like firewalls) initially, but gets you up and running and then you can lock things back down from there. Without a formula like this, you will probably spend countless hours scouring the Internet, trying to piece this puzzle together, with obscure errors by Bill Gates and company like Error 5 and Error 53 (not real helpful guys!) Hope you find it useful. Enjoy! Rick P.S. I decided to post this after burning about 6 hours figuring all this out... (very frustrating - maybe I can also find this post next time I need it :-) NFS configuration from Windows 7 "Client for NFS" to Linux/UNIX NFS Server On CentOS (or other Linux variant): - Add to /etc/exports: /devpool 192.168.0.0/16(rw,sync) - Export the new NFS share exportfs -a Disable CentOS/Linux Firewall (or program in all ports required for portmap and other services to support NFSv4 across firewall!) - Restart NFS service (just for good measure) service nfs restart On Windows 7: (You must be running Ultimate or Pro, a version of Windows 7 which supports Client for NFS) Install "Client for NFS" feature (Control Panel / Programs and Features / Services for NFS / Client for NFS) Disable Windows Firewall or other local firewall (open all required ports later) Use "Regedit" and add anonymous UID and GID to 500,500 (or whatever user ID you want to have access on CentOS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClientForNFS\CurrentVersion\Default\AnonymousGid (new DWORD 32) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClientForNFS\CurrentVersion\Default\AnonymousUid (new DWORD 32) - Reboot (or restart NFS Client from CMD line) nfsadmin client stop nfsadmin client start - Make sure you can see the Linux NFS exports from Windows 7 showmount -e 192.168.146.131 (use your NFS Server's IP address) - If showmount hangs, it's probably a firewall or network routing issue mount -o anon 192.168.146.131:/devpool V: If you get Error 53, the you must change the Network Priority order so that Client for NFS network provider is ABOVE the regular Windows Network provider (so NFS gets tried first; otherwise, you'll get prompted when trying to make connections and get Error 53, which will waste a LOT of your time as it did mine): http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/is-there-a-way-to-change-network-provider-order-in/49acc0b0-89e5-4ee0-b30f-a8fe26e8f367 (then reboot and try again with new network provider order) mount -o anon 192.168.146.131:/devpool V: Celebrate!
May 20th, 2012 7:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics