miisactivate FIM 2010 error

Hi All,

1st time post. Hope you can help, when I run miisactivate cmd to enable a DR sync Server with my account (Local Admin on the server)

I recieve error "Login Failed for User 'Mydomain\loginid' " 

However a user with Domain Admin rights can run the command succesfully

The Command that I run is miisactivate "%Path%\fimSync_Encryptionkey_backup.bin"  Service AccountID

Does this require Domain admin level, to run, or is there something else I may require

Regards

April 15th, 2011 5:03am

Maybe you need access to the SQL database, can you verify that you have access with your account?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 15th, 2011 8:48am

Aren't you suppose to specify the FIM Synchronization Service account as the user?

Like:

April 15th, 2011 6:24pm

Hi Thomas, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I do specify the FIM Sync Service account as the user, please see below for the command.

"%Path%\fimSync_Encryptionkey_backup.bin"  MyDomain\FIM_Sync_Service_Account

Regards

April 19th, 2011 1:00am

shouldn't it be: miisactivate key.bin user *
April 19th, 2011 8:26am

Hi Thomas,

Yes you are right, my bad forgot to include the star

The  command I run is: miisactivate "fimSync_Encryptionkey_backup.bin" My Domain\FIM_Sync_Service_Account *

then I get a window 'Microsoft Identity Integration Server Warm Standby Activation Utility' with the following error

"Login Failed for User 'Mydomain\myloginid" 

I have placed the command in a batch file so that its not prone to typo's.

Regards

May 2nd, 2011 6:57am

I'm not sure if it could lead up to the error you are seeing, but have you tried including the full path to the encryption keys? e.g. c:\path\keys.bin
May 2nd, 2011 12:04pm

Hi Thomas,

Yes I do specify the full path to the encryption keys file.  I will update my rights with domain admin rights to temporarily resolve this.

I have tested the smae command with my rights (Local Admin - which fails_ and a user with domain Admin (This works)

Thanks for you assistance

regards

Gary Dodemaide

May 5th, 2011 3:02am

Just to clarify on the permissions - the only requirement is that the user account is a member of the FIMAdmins group.
May 5th, 2011 9:12am

Hi Carol, Is the FIMAdmins group a local group on the Sysnc server or a domain group? Regards
May 6th, 2011 4:48am

Depends on how you specified it during the inital setup
May 7th, 2011 11:26am

I know this is an ancient thread, but I hope this helps someone.  The account that runs the "miisactivate.exe" command must have write permission to the database.  Something you take for granted until the DBAs lock you down...  :)
September 4th, 2015 7:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics