microsoft windows server 2008 r2
I am trying to load microsoft windows server 2008 r2 evaluation copy onto my computer. It says that it will erase the copy of windows and put the files in windows.old . Does this mean that I can only run windows server 2008 on the machine. Can I not run both it and windows 7 ultimate at the same time?
September 1st, 2010 7:08am

I am trying to load microsoft windows server 2008 r2 evaluation copy onto my computer. It says that it will erase the copy of windows and put the files in windows.old . Does this mean that I can only run windows server 2008 on the machine. Yes, if you will proceed like that, you can only run Microsoft Windows Server 2008 on the machine. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2010 7:45am

Can I not run both it and windows 7 ultimate at the same time? If you are able to select another partition (other than the one on which your Microsoft Windows 7 ultimate edition is installed) to install Microsoft Windows Server 2008 then you will be able to install it with no problems and you will be able to run both of the operating systems on the same machine. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
September 1st, 2010 7:49am

Hi, The following post discussed the similar issue, you can refer to: How to make my system Dual Boot(Windows Server 2008 R2 and Widnows 7 Ultimate) http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsserver2008r2general/thread/dce1e011-96ae-428c-b396-e9994d68d474 Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2010 9:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics