mdx multi value in SSRS

Hi i was trying to have multivalue options in a ssrs report, and I used this query

SELECT {[Measures].[Sales Amount],[Measures].[Tax Amount]} on columns,
non empty([Product].[Color].[Color],[Product].[Product Name].[Product Name]) on rows
from
( select 
(STRTOSET(@color))
 on columns
 from [Analysis Services Tutorial])

But the report only showed the default value as an option(in this format [Product].[Color].&[Multi] whic is not presentable),

and what I also noticed in the parameter option is that, the available values option is set to none

, also when I try to use get from query , it does not give me the vales for the parameters,

and when I right click the designer pane it does not have the show hidden dataset option.

I have created the parameter with multivalue option. Please what can I do to get the multivalue option to work

Thanks

• Edited by I4QR1A 16 hours 32 minutes ago
May 30th, 2015 9:17am

I was following a tutorial online, but the authour did not specify that I had to create another dataset for the parameter. so I 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/6ce3fbaa-bc6d-4411-bb1f-aaecaaede3cc/ssrs-passing-multivalued-parameters-to-mdx?forum=sqlreportingservices

then cretaed another dataset for the parameter and was able to use it, I dont know if its the right way but it worked. Also the hidden dataset is still not coming up.

Thanks

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 30th, 2015 12:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics