map Home folder using vbs
Hi There I currently use batch files for login scripts and use the following command to map a users home drive net use h: /home can someone tell me how to do this in a vbs script thanks
September 14th, 2010 2:26pm

Hi Tony Dim Network Set Network = CreateObject("Wscript.network") Network.MapNetworkDrive "H", "\Server1\Share" btw: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=drive+map+vbscript ;-D Cheers, André
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2010 2:42pm

i need it to map based on the users Home server/folder which is defined in ADUC This is the what net use h: /home does
September 14th, 2010 2:46pm

Hi Tony Sorry - I got you wrong... ;-D This should solve it: Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")  vHomeFolder = WshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%HomeShare%") Set Network = CreateObject("Wscript.network") Network.MapNetworkDrive "H", vHomeFolder Does it work like that? Cheers, André
September 14th, 2010 3:04pm

I'm getting the following error when i run the vbs script Line: 4 Char: 1 Error: The specified device name is invalid Code: 800704B0 Source: WSHNetwork.MapNetworkDrive
September 14th, 2010 3:31pm

I have a sample script on my site: Mapping Network Drives Using VBScript http://www.anitkb.com/2010/03/mapping-network-drives-via-vbscript.html If you have defined a "Home Folder" in the User Account's Profile tab, the mapping should occur when the user logs on the domain (without the use of scripts). Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
September 14th, 2010 4:19pm

Try the following to check, whether there is the right path in the variable: Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")  vHomeFolder = WshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%HomeShare%") Set Network = CreateObject("Wscript.network") MsgBox(vHomeFolder) Network.MapNetworkDrive "H", vHomeFolder Cheers, André
September 14th, 2010 4:41pm

btw: If you fire up a CMD.exe and type there "set", than you will see all the system variables. One of them is the "HOMESHARE"-variable, which I include in the script. There should be the UNC path, which you entered in ADUC. If you see another variable, in which this resists, than just change the name of the variable in the code.
September 14th, 2010 4:46pm

Hello Tony, As this issue is related to Scripting, I suggest discussing it in our Scripting forum. They are the best resource to troubleshoot this issue. The Official Scripting Guys Forum! http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ITCG/threads Brent Hu,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 16th, 2010 10:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics