lsass.exe error after installing AD on Win2k3 R2 with SP2
After I installed Active Directory on a system running Win2k3 R2 with SP2, the following happens. After the logon screen appears I press Ctrl+Alt+Del. Immidiatelly the logon screen appears again and a moment later the lsass.exe error -1073741819 is reported and the system will reboot in a minute. Now I cannot logon any more. I stated in save mode. In the Event Log 2 errors from LsaSrv (id 5000) are logged, with message "The service pack Kerbros has handled an exception. ..." Un installing SP2 solves the problem. But after installing SP2 again, i get the same error again. Has any one any idea what i causing this error?
April 16th, 2007 10:11am

I started installing this system from a sysprep image again. Now problems after installing AD and SP2! But when i was installing Terminal Server Licensing the same message suddenly appears! Starting in save mode and uninstalling TS Licensing solved the problem. In the situation as mentioned in the first message, TS Licensing was also installed. Any body an idea now?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 16th, 2007 3:41pm

Now I am setting up another server anddid the following: - Basic setup from a standard image with Win2k3 Server R2 and Terminal Server - I uninstalled TS - Installed SP2 for Win2k3 Server - Installed Active Directory - Installed TS and TS Licensing During installation of TS Licensing the lsass error showed up again, but installation finished normally. On first boot after this, after loging on a error message from LSA Srv appeared. After the second reboot no errors appeared and everything seems to be working fine. Why is that? Do I have to go trough the right steps to get it working? I encourage Microssoft empoyees solve this issue. Next thing I will try is to install SP2 after installing AD, TS and TS Licensing, because I want to install SP2 on several operational servers.
April 19th, 2007 5:17pm

Because over 250 people viewed above messages, I asume at least some of you had the same problem. So I wonder, has anyone running ServicePack 2 from Windows Server 2003 on a domain controller wiht Terminal Server and Terminal Server Licensing installed? If so, please let me know how you did it.
July 4th, 2007 12:49pm

i'm having this problem also, did u found a solution ?
October 4th, 2007 12:01pm

This forum is dedicated to questions about Windows Server 2008. If your question is not about this topic, please find the correct newsgroup here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx. Please note the difference between newsgroups and forums. There is no forum for Windows Server 2003, but there is a newsgroup.
October 4th, 2007 9:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics