local diskmanager mot working
hi...im running winserver 2003 R2 with Sp2. after a recent microsoft update i noticed, that i cant run defrag on volumes or open diskmgmt.mschitting the button analyze butthe program is not responding.now i saw that im not able to connect to disk management service. it says "unable to connect....."services are running and no reference in the event log.i did i compete check disk with a restart but no result...i found out that remotey (from another server) i can connect successfully to the disk mgm service...any proposals?thanks kurt
July 24th, 2009 9:55am

Hi, Please make sure that your "DCOM Server Process Launcher" is in Auto Mode. You can check it via Control Panel >> Admin Tools >> Services Please also check if appropriate settings was set. 1. Logical disk manager - automatic 2. Logical disk manager administrative service - manual or automatic Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 24th, 2009 12:49pm

Hi,So you mean you not able to access disk management or perform action on disk manager when you logon Via RDP. If so then thats a permission use, make sure you use admin account.. as you mentioned that related services are running and restart also performed, permission should be the issue.
August 17th, 2009 10:31am

Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment" select Bypass traverse checking and check following account are added already or not. On Workstations and Servers(Member server / Stand Alone ) Administrators Backup Operators Power Users Users Everyone ON Domain Controllers Administrators Authenticated Users Everyone
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 20th, 2010 3:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics