ldifde issue
Hi, I`m trying to add using ldifde, please see scenario below: OS: Windows Server 2008 I have created a newuser.ldf file which contains: cn: CN=April Stewart,OU=Employee,DC=osg,DC=com changeType: add CN: April objectClass: user sAMAccountName: april,stewart userPrincipalName: april.stewart@osg.com givenName: April sn: Stewart displayName: Stewart, April mail: april.stewart@osg.com description: Sales Representative title: Sales Representative department: Sales Company: MTC cn: CN=Eric Gako,OU=Employee,DC=osg,DC=com changeType: add CN: April objectClass: user sAMAccountName: eric,gako userPrincipalName: eric.gako@osg.com givenName: Eric sn: Gako displayName: Gako, Eric mail: eric.gako@osg.com description: Sales Representative title: Sales Representative department: Sales Company: MTC Then, I run ldifde in command line: ldifde -i -f newuser.ldf -k but I`m getting below error: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\DOCUME~1>ldifde -i -f newuser.ldf -k Connecting to "w2k8DC1.osg.com" Logging in as current user using SSPI Importing directory from file "newuser.ldf" Loading entries. Add error on entry starting on line 1: Other The server side error is: 0x523 The name provided is not a properly formed accou nt name. The extended server error is: 00000523: SysErr: DSID-031A11DB, problem 22 (Invalid argument), data 0 0 entries modified successfully. An error has occurred in the program No log files were written. In order to generate a log file, please specify the log file path via the -j option. PLease Help! Thanks in advance!!!
July 15th, 2010 6:14am

The server side error is: 0x523 The name provided is not a properly formed account name. These settings are the cause sAMAccountName: april,stewart sAMAccountName: eric,gako I think you have CN and sAMAccountName values reverse/confused. sAMAccountName is the Username/logon name....it cannot contain any special characters (except the underscore...i think). CN is the how the name will be disaplayed in Active Directory Users and Computers. Display Name is simply a fied inside the User Account Properties. Most poeple set to the same as the CN.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 15th, 2010 7:04am

Hi Gunner999, Thank you very much for your response. I have made some changes and now I have below error: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\DOCUME~1>ldifde -i -f newuser.ldf -k Connecting to "w2k8DC1.osg.com" Logging in as current user using SSPI Importing directory from file "newuser.ldf" Loading entries. There is a syntax error in the input file Failed on line 2. The last token starts with 'C'. 0 entries modified successfully. An error has occurred in the program No log files were written. In order to generate a log file, please specify the log file path via the -j option. regards,
July 15th, 2010 7:54am

To import any object you need 2 fields DN and ObjectClass, plus the required fields for that ObjectClass. The OU each obect is being placed in MUST exist. ChangeType:Add is not needed for New records...because its not a change. You have CN twice, one is the DN, the other is not needed. The CN=...within the DN will be the CN of the object. Sometimes the best approach is to export a few users with the required fields so you can see what that format is. Here is what i think you need...untested but should be close. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237677 dn: CN=Eric Gako,OU=Employee,DC=osg,DC=com objectClass: user sAMAccountName: Eric userPrincipalName: eric.gako@osg.com givenName: Eric sn: Gako displayName: Gako, Eric mail: eric.gako@osg.com description: Sales Representative title: Sales Representative department: Sales Company: MTC dn: CN=April Stewart,OU=Employee,DC=osg,DC=com objectClass: user sAMAccountName: April userPrincipalName: april.stewart@osg.com givenName: April sn: Stewart displayName: Stewart, April mail: april.stewart@osg.com description: Sales Representative title: Sales Representative department: Sales Company: MTC
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 15th, 2010 5:34pm

Hi Gunner999, It works!!! thanks a lot!
July 16th, 2010 8:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics