just cant get it.................
Hi everyone, well I have try everyone I know that enjoys playing around with computers... SO far no one has been able to help me with this problem. It seems to be a simple problem no one can figure out, all Im trying to do is set up a web sever windows 2003 on a dell 2650 server...... the problem is I can see everyone and no one can see me......we have set up the static ip on eth0 and seems to be working fine.... but I can not ping my static ip 24.119.1.74 . I can ping it at the sever and it brings it right up, but know one eles can ping it from thier network. CAN ANY ONE HELP....... thanks Bill
November 18th, 2010 12:15pm

Please try to disable all your security softwares (antivirus, firewall ..) and check if all is okay or not. If once done all is okay, please identify which security software is causing your problem. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 18th, 2010 12:41pm

I have try to take down all fire wall just so everyone could see me always get the message ipnat is running some program, and it will not allow me to take down the wall..................I have been trying to get to the NAT/BASIC firewall. I I can go to ip routing and choose NAT/BASIC firewall, I dont see any connections to configure........... not sure why I dont see any connections there...that may be the problem, what do you think? thanks Bill
November 18th, 2010 12:49pm

Could you please describe the architecture that you are using? For the firewalls, please make sure that you are allowing incoming http traffic (port 80 by default) and ICMP traffic to your web server. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
November 18th, 2010 12:57pm

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:10:13 +0000, blazer4 wrote: Hi everyone,? well I have try everyone I know that enjoys playing around with computers...? SO far no one has been able to help me with this problem. It ?seems to be a simple problem no one can figure out,? all Im trying to do is set up a web sever? windows 2003 on a dell 2650 server......? the problem is I can see everyone and no one can see me......we have set up the static ip on eth0 and seems to be working fine....?? but I can not ping my static ip 24.119.1.74?.?? I can ping it at the sever and it brings it right up,? but know one eles can ping it from thier network.?? CAN ANY ONE HELP.......???????????? thanks Bill 1. Ping is not a good tool to use to test connectivity on the Internet and hasn't been for a long, long time since it leaves one open to denial of service attacks and a whole lot of Internet sites simply don't allow ICMP traffic (which PING uses) through their firewalls. Open a browser to a microsoft.com web site for example and then try to ping the same site. 2. Have you checked with your ISP? Chances are good that Cableone don't allow home users to run servers and are blocking inbound port 80. Paul Adare MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager http://www.identit.ca
November 18th, 2010 1:05pm

Hi Paul Im checking with cable one now just to make sure they are not blocking inbound 80. It would be nice it that was it.....
November 18th, 2010 1:28pm

Hi again Paul they are not blocking either way.... Im at my business in town
November 18th, 2010 1:32pm

I was wondering does icmp have its own port........................ Im checking thanks Bill
November 18th, 2010 1:34pm

ICMP does not have its own ports. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
November 18th, 2010 1:36pm

Hi again......I have check port 80 it looks fine Im not sure where to check ICMP
November 18th, 2010 1:57pm

For Windows Firewall, you can refer to this article. Please try to check if you are able to access your server internally (from the local network). If you are not able to access, it should be a problem with IIS (if you are using it) or a security software on your server that is blocking incoming http traffic. If you found that it is a IIS problem, please post your issue here. If all is okay then try access it through internet. If there is a problem, it should be something wrong with routers/firewalls. Ping requests / replies can be used to check that all is okay with your route tables (Once you check that your server is reachable, it is recommanded to disable the use of ICMP on your server). Also, make sure that reverse NAT is correctly configured (make sure that http traffic for your public IP address is forwarded to the web server) This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
November 18th, 2010 2:04pm

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:27:54 +0000, blazer4 wrote: Hi again Paul?? they are not blocking either way.... Im at my business in town Is your web server up and running now on that IP address? Is your web server behind a router/NAT device? Paul Adare MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager http://www.identit.ca
November 18th, 2010 2:32pm

Hi Again.......................yes I can connect internal network with no problem.......... still have not found the problem GeeeeeeZZ
November 18th, 2010 2:33pm

wow what an issue....Paul I can come in on the internal side with no problems........ just no one can see me from the web. I went in and turn NAT off and still could not be seen.... my sever is coming from the cable one mod. hard wired to the server nothing in between. I must really be missing something................... SIMPLE.........
November 18th, 2010 3:00pm

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 19:58:50 +0000, blazer4 wrote: wow what an issue....Paul I can come in on the internal side with no problems........?????????? just no one can see me from the web.??? I went in and turn NAT off and still could not be seen....??????????????? my sever is coming from the cable one mod.?????? hard wired to the server? nothing in between.???? I?must really be missing something................... Run ipconfig /all at a command prompt on the server and then post the output of the command. Paul Adare MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager http://www.identit.ca
November 18th, 2010 3:20pm

Hey Paul did run ipconfig/all and yes I can see all my numbers, Im not sure how to post... but one thing I did notice was my NETBIOS over TCPIP is Disable....................... would that make a differents... thanks Bill
November 18th, 2010 3:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics