joining computer to domain and OU - Permissions?
Hi I am deploying windows 7 via MDT and WDS. I set it up to join a domain and I manually select an OU. If I do not select an OU, the join is successful. If I select an OU, the join is NOT successful. My join account is domainAdmin. Do I need more permissions setup to join a computer to an OU as well???Kindest regards, Martin
February 16th, 2011 4:05am

Hello, which error message is shown or logged in the event viewer when it fails? A domain admin normally is able to join machines to the domain without any problem, if not permissions are changed for whatever reason. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2011 4:35am

hi there's no log in eventviewer.. so something must go wrong somewhere else... hm hm .. will have to delve into various log files.Kindest regards, Martin
February 16th, 2011 5:02am

Hi, Please check the AD DS tab on the WDS properties, see how you specify the Computer Account Location. Ensure that the path of the OU matches the setting on AD DS tab. Meanwhile, other than manually select the OU, you could create an answer file including the setting: Microsoft-Windows-UnattendedJoin | Identification | MachineObjectOU to specify the OU that you would like to computer being joined. More reference, please view: MachineObjectOU http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff716149(WS.10).aspx Automating the Domain Join http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730845(WS.10).aspx Best Regards DalePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2011 9:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics