item-level targeting Wireless Network Policies

Hey,

I have to link a GPO to two Sites. So I searched for the registry-keys and added them. I used the item- level targeting for the GPP's and added the Sites. But I have also a Wireless Network (802.11) Policy which i have to link to the Sites. Where can i find the reg-keys for this policy? Is there a solution or does item-level targeting only works with preferences?

Thanks for help

July 24th, 2013 1:39pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question in the forum.

Since you want to link the GPO to two sites, why didnt you link it to these two different sites directly? Please understand that we could link a GPO to more than one container (site, domain, or OU) in the Active Directory. Regarding the policy registry keys, it shores configuration data for the Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies. We could locate it in the following path:

HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MMC\{2DA6AA7F-8C88-4194-A558-0D36E7FD3E64}

For details, please refer to the following article.

Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies Run Restriction

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738758(v=ws.10).aspx

Regarding Item-level targeting, please understand that we could only configure it in GPP settings. For detailed information about ILT, please refer to the following article.

Preference Item-Level Targeting

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc733022.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 26th, 2013 6:22am

Hi Andy Qi,

we are using 1 OU for each country we have to administrate. The specifications of our company don't allow to link directly to the sites. A workmate told me that i can't use the direct linking to sites because there are win-7 and win-xp clients, and the xp-clients don't support that.

Example for the problem:

Person A is working in the US. The GPO's are linked in the OU "US" with "us-wifi-settings-gpo".

Person B is working in GB, OU's name is "GB" with "gb-wifi-settings-gpo".

One day Person A has to work in London, so his laptop starts and gets "us-wifi-settings-gpo" out of the "US"-OU but now he must have the "gb-wifi-settings-gpo"... 

It is paradoxical :-/ Could i use wmi-filtering for sites to realize it?

July 30th, 2013 4:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics