ipv6 on network adapters
I am doing some test work on using ipv6 addressing. My Vista Pro workstation has ipv6 installed and works fine. But my Win2003 R2 server adapter (Linksys Gig) and the wireless adapter on my XP workstation (Netgear) will not work. I have CD's for both adapters but I cannot find an ipv6 driver that is acceptable to windows. There must be something I don't understand about Windows and ipv6. What should I be checking?
April 19th, 2011 1:13pm

IPv6 is supported on all the aforementioned. Are you saying that it is not loaded on one of these systems? It is standard TCP/IP component now a days.*a
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 19th, 2011 1:22pm

If i remember correctly windows XP and Server 2003 do not have IPv6 installed by default. You have to add it manually in the adapter properties.
April 19th, 2011 4:37pm

or from the command line netsh interface ipv6 install
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 19th, 2011 7:02pm

I can add the ipv6 protocol on the adapter. But when I try to add an ipv6 address by highlighting the ipv6 protocol on the adapter the "Properties" tab is greyed out. Same with the XP workstation. When I try to find an appropriate ipv6 driver inf file on the adapter disk no matter what I try I get that "there is no driver for the adapter" (or something like that).
April 19th, 2011 9:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics