internet problems
i cannot get my laptop to open internet explorer. it was working an hour ago and now just comes up with a page saying 'cannot display webpage' what do i do?
September 29th, 2010 8:26am

What OS? Go to Start and type CMD in Search (in XP go to START/RUN and Type CMD). In the command prompt, type: IPCONFIG /RENEW Make sure that the IP address does not start with 169. If it does, 1. check your wireless/cable connection to make sure they are plugged in correctly or the wireless is connected. 2. Power cycle your router 3. Reboot your PCMiguel Fra / Falcon ITS Computer & Network Support, Miami, FL Visit our Knowledgebase Sharepoint Site
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 29th, 2010 9:17am

Hello scarybiskits, Does this issue exist on all clients or just your laptop? If all clients, I suggest you check the configure on the proxy server or network, if not, please check whether your network configuration is correct on you laptop. Brent Hu,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 4th, 2010 4:46am

There might be lot of issues. 1) See if the defaultgateway is reachable. 2) See the dns is reachable. 3) right click on the local area connecntion clck repairhttp://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 4th, 2010 5:00am

check ur ipconfig check the cable (if its a wireless ,check if ur wireless adapter is working and you are connected to ur wireless network) did u installed any software\updates before u encountered this problem?
October 5th, 2010 4:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics