intel nic teaming
Hi,I'd like to configure nic teaming with the Intel Pro/1000 PT dual port server adapter on windows server 2008.I have installed the proset, and in the properties of the adapter in the tab teaming I get this message:"this adapter is configured for an intel iscsi remote boot image. you cannot use this adapter in a team".How can I disable that so I can configure teaming? We are not using iscsi on this server.
June 7th, 2008 7:11pm

Is the server truly configured with "intel iscsi remote boot image". If the answer is yes, you can not use teaming as the Microsoft iSCSI initiator does not support teaming. If you are worried about redundancy to the iSCSI target, then you should use multipath I/O.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 7th, 2008 11:18pm

this is a cleanws2008std installation with the intel proset utility installed, nothing else configured or installed so fari'm not using the iscsi initiator, don't know where why this error appearshow can i disable that iscsi remote boot image?
June 8th, 2008 10:11pm

Hi,According to the following Intel website, after the ISBoot.exe file is run it install the Intel iSCSI Remote Boot FLASH ROM image on your PCI Express*-based Server Adapters. You can remove the iSCSI image by re-flashing your Network Adapter using IBAUTIL.exe in the PROBOOT.exe download. http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/sb/CS-023748.htm As this issue is mostly related to Intel network adapter, I suggest that you contact Intel for more information. They are in a better position to be able to assist you with this issue as they may have experienced similar issues.Your potential. Our passion.
June 10th, 2008 11:01am

Hello, Are you using the SAN devices ? The windows 2008 server your taking about is working under Hyperv ?Thanks Syed
June 10th, 2008 12:33pm

Ok I got it working by using the proboot tool.In dos mode:ibautil -all -flashenablerebootibautil -all -upgraderebootnow teaming is available
July 31st, 2008 7:51pm

This worked for me, just using flashdisable was not the trick I needed. Thanks Gregory!
April 20th, 2009 5:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics