insufficient privilege to change IP
hi everyone I have a domain and some users.I have added and user to the administrators group and with that user i am not able to change the client ip address. domain is server 2003 client is windows xp pro pls help....
September 16th, 2011 2:19am

What error msg do you recive? you could try this: start a cmd window as an administrator/elevated priv. and run the following commands: netsh interface ip set address name = "Local Area Connection" static <IP> <Mask> <Gateway> Local Area Connection = Nic Name / Kind Regards Johan Zetterstrm
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 16th, 2011 4:04am

this is the error msg why this error???the user in the administrators group..also..
September 16th, 2011 4:58am

can you please verify that the user really is an administrator on the computer. When you change ip address, can you change all settings in the window, or are some options disabled? How have you given the user Administrator rights? Through GPO? Could you run the command that I talked about in the last post?/ Kind Regards Johan Zetterstrm
September 16th, 2011 5:10am

Check this link. Thanks
September 16th, 2011 5:25am

this might happen due to some third party firewall like kapsersky and macafee disable and try ithttp://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
September 16th, 2011 6:31am

no third party tools installed..
September 18th, 2011 11:47am

Hi, firstly if you can specify which group this user belongs "local administrators group of the machine "or" domain administrator group " Secondly check that you do not have the GPOs applied to the user, which limits access to the the NIC you can also use this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297938/en-us Oussama Oueslati | System Engineer | vNext Consulting
September 18th, 2011 12:47pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics