instrution memory reference error-windows 2003
hi all ; anyone can help me with this issue? , its related to an error on our archiving system windows 2003 server , the following error message : The instruction at "0x7ca1e84e" referenced memory at "0x0786beb8". The memory could not be read "read". Click ok to terminate the program Click cancel to debug the program Please if anyone have an idea how to track this kind of errors and how to know which program caused this and where can I find a log to such issues in windows 2003 ? Maybe for someone it could be a hopeless case when windows start giving such messages , but really I appreciate if there's any idea because I did not face something like this before Thanks... mohammad
January 22nd, 2009 1:48pm

hi mohammed,i would like to collect information before troubleshooting.memory reference error is caused by application or by the driver , so i would like to know when the problem occured is there any application failing ? or blue screen ? sendus the event id for analysis. and also make sure you update your server to latest patches.sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 22nd, 2009 2:08pm

hi ; about any blue screen no there's no blue sceens, but it still happening with anther error report related to "genric host win32 process ... program needed to be closed " (send report , don't send )also when I checked the event viewer , system events I found the following : "A driver packet received from the I/O subsystem was invalid. The data is the packet." event ID :6004also :Application popup: svchost.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x7ca1e84e" referenced memory at "0x0786beb8". The memory could not be "read". event ID : 26The MSSQLServerADHelper service terminated with service-specific error 3221225572 (0xC0000064).event ID :7024I would to tell you also the following : 1- Symantec Endpoint protection 11.3 client installed 2- SQL server 2000 installed 3-Saperion Archiving system installed 4- server connected through SCSI adapter to a Centronic adapter on a an optical media jukebox If you would like me to track any thing or any more information I will be glad to do that thanks mohammad
January 22nd, 2009 2:33pm

hi mohammed,i believe you have opened another thread with same error " generic host error " and you have received some workarounds from engineers . did you had a chance to apply them and check for the behaviorwe can troubleshoot an operating system with latest security patches , the reason is , after troubleshooting we might find a module/dll which is of older version and it would result in updating a security patch released by microsoft. In order to save troubleshooting time, i would recommend you to first patch the server and check for the event.Second option===========A clean reboot ( safe mode ) which will eliminate 3rd party applications such as symantec .... and test if the issue is occuring.i can see that symantec AV is causing pretty much of issues bbest of luck and let us know about the resul.sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 22nd, 2009 2:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics