installation problem Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation
Hi, Check that box will not affect the evaluation period, don't worry. By the way, if you just want to have an evaluation period, dont need to input any license when you install the system. After the installation, the system will be activated automatically. Then you can extend the Windows Server 2008 evaluation period to have a total possible evaluation time of 240 days. In addition, you will be able to find the description After this time, you will need to uninstall the software or upgrade to a fully-licensed version of Windows Server 2008 in the download page. Best regards, Vincent Hu
February 23rd, 2012 5:35am

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8371 I try to install the software for evaluation. When I was prompted to enter a product key for activation, do not enter a key. I click No when Setup asks me to confirm my selection. I was prompted to select the edition of Windows Server 2008 that I want to evaluate. I select the edition that I want to install. If I don't select or mark the checkbox of "I have selected the edition of windows that I purchased", the next button will be disabled. Should I select or mark the checkbox of "I have selected the edition of windows that I purchased" if I just want to Evaluating the software instead of purchase?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 10th, 2012 7:47pm

By default when it will be installed it will work in grace period, aka the evaluation period. So feel safe to select the checkbox. In example, just be sure to select the version that suit your need, so if you buy it later it will be already configured. No need to re-install the correct version after the evaluation period.MCTS, MCP
March 10th, 2012 8:16pm

You can select the option and move forward with the install. Here are steps to install a eval version and extend the eval time. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948472
March 10th, 2012 9:05pm

Hi, Check that box will not affect the evaluation period, don't worry. By the way, if you just want to have an evaluation period, dont need to input any license when you install the system. After the installation, the system will be activated automatically. Then you can extend the Windows Server 2008 evaluation period to have a total possible evaluation time of 240 days. In addition, you will be able to find the description After this time, you will need to uninstall the software or upgrade to a fully-licensed version of Windows Server 2008 in the download page. Best regards, Vincent Hu
March 10th, 2012 9:36pm

Thanks Vincent, you let me know no problem to check the box even I not yet intent to purchase and just for evaluation. I will go on for installation.
March 10th, 2012 11:03pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics