implication of certificate expiration
can anyone tell me if my certificate expires my server will stop sending and recieving emails ? also how do i determine my ssl certificate provider i am using ?
July 9th, 2012 12:52pm

Hi, If you allow a certificate to expire, the certificate will be invalid and you will no longer be able to secure transactions on your Web site.The Certification Authority (CA) will prompt you to renew your SSL certificate prior to the expiration date. You can renew a certificate for one or two years. Please NOTE: A certificate can only be renewed up to 120 days prior to and 30 days following the expiration date. You can apply the renewal credit 60 days before expiration or 30 days after expiration. If the certificate is allowed to expire, the visitor's browser will display a warning upon entering the Web site area that was supposedly protected with your SSL certificate. For how to determine ssl certificate provider, please refer to the below link: http://www.hosting-review.com/hosting-directory/articles/how-does-a-ssl-certificate-work Hope this helps. Regards, Yan LiYan Li TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 9th, 2012 10:22pm

Hi, Thanks for the response but my question is unaswered. if the certificate expires will it affect my exchange server by not allowing emails out or in ?
July 10th, 2012 4:09am

Hi, When the certificate reaches the expire time, then if the certificate is renewable, then CA will renew it, if not, then you are required to ask for another certificate to authentication, if not, then you won't be able to sending emails or recieve emails. Regards, Yan LiYan Li TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 11th, 2012 4:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics