igfxsrvc.exe unable to locate component
I receives following Error message while trying to login onto WSUS installed on 2003 OS "igfxsrvc.exe unable to locate component This application has failed to start because dxgi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." how I could overcome this issue
September 16th, 2011 9:20am

Hi, According to my search, igfxsrvc.exe is a process associated with the Intel(R) Common User Interface from Intel Corporation. It is installed with graphic card drivers with Intel chipsets. Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest you uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the display card driver to check the result. In addition, you may also update the BIOS and the chipset drivers to test the issue. You may also run the command: SFC /Scannow to scan and repair the system files including dxgi.dll. If the issue persists, please also test the issue in Clean Boot to find out the program that is causing the error and disable it from starting with Windows. For the detailed steps, please refer to the “How to Use System Configuration Utility” section of the following Microsoft KB article: How to troubleshoot startup problems in Windows Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325375 What’s the result? Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 19th, 2011 2:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics