i have RDP 6 but no NLA
hi, i downloaded RDP 6 for XP SP2 from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/925876 upon checking the About box it says:Remote Desktop ConnectionShell Version 6.0 (Build Number 6000)Conrol Version 6.0.6000Network Level Authentication not supportedMaximum encryption strength: 128 bitsi recently installed server 2008, enabled remote desktop with nla, added my domain account, and first disabled the firewall from server 2008 to testing purposes. i was able to connection if i select "Any" rdp clients but cannot connect when rdp with nla is selected from the server.without applying SP3 for XP, how can i get nla support?
July 5th, 2008 3:57pm

Hostmaster said: without applying SP3 for XP, how can i get nla support? You can't.Network Level Authentication is only possible in Windows XP when ServicePack 3 is installed.You needthe Remote Desktop Connection Client 6.1and you need to enable the CredSSP functionality (introduced in ServicePack 3) in the registry or through Group Policy. More information: XP SP3 Network level authentication a myth? Description of the Credential Security Service Provider (CredSSP) in Windows XP Service Pack 3 Description of the Remote Desktop Connection 6.1 client update for Terminal Services Alternatively you couldupgrade to / installWindows Vista.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 5th, 2008 6:36pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics