i can not open back Group Policy plz Help!
Hello Computer men! Hope you fine. today i faced with a problem in Windows XP Group Policy. i was applying some group policies on the users. i went to group policy (c:\windows\system32\gpedit.msc) or from Run: gpedit.msc and then i enabled "Run Only Allowed Windows Applications" in the Path: Group Policy>User Configuration >Administrative Templates >system i enabled "Run only Allowed Windows Applications" and then i listed Winword.exe and then i applied that policy so now i can't run any program without ms word in that system. even i can't run back group policy (gpedit.msc) to remove (restore) that enabled policy back. what i can do guys please help me? i need help from MS experts please tell me a way to do not loose my windows? thank you Roohullah Stanikzai AfgRoohullah Stanikzai
February 17th, 2011 8:36am

Reboot in Safe Mode. Run GPEdit.msc to revert these changes.http://en-us.sysadmins.lv
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 17th, 2011 8:44am

Sir i rebooted the system in safe mode. but i was also disabled the run and more etc. so i went to to c:\windows\system32\GPedit.msc when i run it, it give me message that permission dined and i can't run it back???Roohullah Stanikzai
February 17th, 2011 8:55am

In addition to the previous answer, I recommend you to implement Software Restriction Policies instead of 'Run Only Allowed Windows Applications' policy configuration. Read the following article on how to start: http://office.optimalsolutions.lv/etoken/Windows%20NT%20Installation%20Protocol/Gubarevich%20Peter%20-%2009-Jun-2010%20-%20Preventing%20Virus%20Infection%20by%20using%20Software%20Restriction%20Policies%20(English).pdf MCITP: Enterprise Administrator; MCT; Microsoft Security Trusted Advisor; CCNA
February 17th, 2011 8:59am

Sir i rebooted the system in safe mode. but i was also disabled the run and more etc. so i went to to c:\windows\system32\GPedit.msc when i run it, it give me message that permission dined and i can't run it back??? Roohullah Stanikzai ok. have you another Windows machine? You may run GPEdit.msc on second machine and connect to a problematic computer. Just start blank MMC snap-in, add Group Policy Object Editor and connect to remote computer. upd: according to internal help, you can try run Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and run gpedit.msc from task manager. p.s. I would recommend to pay attention to Software Restriction Policies as mentioned previously. http://en-us.sysadmins.lv
February 17th, 2011 9:07am

thank you Sir Vadims.. i liked your answer and i will do it as you instructed to me. and thanks NL for giving nice book. i will read that as well. i will mark your answer okay after doing my task.. Regards. Roohullah Stanikzai
February 17th, 2011 9:22am

thank you Sir Vadims.. i liked your answer and i will do it as you instructed to me. and thanks WindowsNT sir. for giving nice book. i will read that as well. i will mark your answer okay after doing my taks.. Regards. Roohullah Stanikzai
February 17th, 2011 9:23am

I have just emulated your problem and tested the solution: Go to Windows\System32 and rename GroupPolicy folder to some GroupPolicy.bak Reboot twice and the system will create new, clean policy w/o option that you have configured. Enjoy.MCITP: Enterprise Administrator; MCT; Microsoft Security Trusted Advisor; CCNA
February 17th, 2011 9:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics