iTunes help
All of this is very confusing. Im not as technically inclined as I'd like to be...But I have a few questions1. I made the mistake an uninstalled QuickTime because I didnt know iTunes needed it to run. So I tried downloading iTunes again but I got an error message that I didnt understand: "Windows cannot access th specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item"......I have no idea what that means. So then I deleted iTunes all together and tried it again, same error message. What do I do?2. I am also having trouble with my task manager. When I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete...I get an error message: "Task manager has been disabled by you administrator". I am working on the admin account when I get the error message. And by the way I didnt disable it. How do i enable it again?
January 14th, 2009 7:00pm

hi there,i would prefer you to check for few thingsa) can you make sure you havent configured any ofgroup policy which will block the task manager ?b) can you try with different user with admin privilage whether task manager can be opened ?c) with your admin account right click task bar and open task manager --> does it opens ?d) scan your system for virus sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 15th, 2009 7:28am

Hi, For the task manager issue, you can refer to the following thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistamigration/thread/bd8f2782-110f-459c-9aaf-54e561bf587d For the iTunes issue, I suggest contacting Apple for detailed directions first. Hope it helps. Tim Quan - MSFT
January 15th, 2009 10:00am

A) I dont think I have configured any of group policy which will block the task manager. B) I am the only admin on the computer. The other is a guest account. C) When i right click, the task manager option is not highlighted as if its not an option. D) how do I scan for a virus?
January 20th, 2009 9:37am

thanks for the link...lets see if it helps
January 20th, 2009 9:37am

Ok another question since I havent found any help from the apple troubleshooting page....I had to install software for my new FujiFilm camera and it had a component of QuickTime that was also installed. So I figured I could just download iTunes but yet I still got the same error message. Any ideas?
January 20th, 2009 9:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics