iSCSI doesn't show correct LUNs or have MPIO available
background: -1 dual port Broadcom NIC installed in a physical server -2 dual port iSCSI controllers in an HP MSA2012i SAN -Server 2008 R2 installed I'm doing iSCSI (software) boot via the broadcom NIC. Each NIC port is on it's own subnet along with each failover path on the storage as per the storage documentation- (summary below) -NIC port 1: subnet 1 -Controller A port 1: subnet 1 -Controller B port 1: subnet 1 -NIC port 2: subnet 2 -Controller A port 2: subnet 2 -Controller B port 2: subnet 2 Each NIC port needs to make a connection with each controller port in the same subnet for a total of 4 MPIO connections. MPIO was enabled on the server and the MPCLAIM was done. For some reason when I look at the connections in iSCSI initiator only controller A looks right to me when I click Devices. Controller A But when I click the Devices button on Controller B target I see this Controller B Also when I look at the MPIO disks listed in Device Manager it only shows 2 connections being made to the disk (LUN). The session IDs match the connections made to controller A for each LUN. This looks wrong to me. Anyone else?
May 19th, 2011 11:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics