how to use windows server 2003
hi, i am using windows 2003 server . and windows 2008. i want to use 2003 server as a backup server. and that should be replicated only for ADC level online. plz tell me how i am mange this things thanks in advance regards sanjeev gupta
November 16th, 2010 2:22am

Hello, did i understand you correct that you like to install an additional DC in the domain with Windows server 2003 OS? Please be more specific about the existing environment, which servers are domain controller, Global catalog server and DNS server and if they are in the same location/subnet. Also the functional level you use if only the Windows server 2008 is Domain controller.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 16th, 2010 8:08am

Hi Sanjeev, As Meinolf mentioned, we would like to know what the Windows 2003 backup for --- for AD or for data? If it is for AD, than you may would like to add it as an additional DC so AD will be replicated to it. If it is for data, then you will need to config backup using system backup, DFS etc to help backup files.Shaon Shan| TechNet Subscriber Support in forum| If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
November 21st, 2010 8:51pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics