how to remove microsoft the publisher could not be verified server 2003
There is a way to turn off the Publisher Could Not Be Verified Messages Open gpedit.msc and Go to User Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> Windows Components >> Attachment Manager. Add "*.exe" to the "Inclusion list for moderate risk file types" setting. "This policy setting allows you to configure the list of moderate risk file types. If the attachment is in the list of moderate risk file types and is from the restricted or Internet zone, Windows prompts the user before accessing the file. ..." In other words, this allows you to run an .exe from the Intranet zone without a prompt, but it will warn before running one from the Internet. The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software? http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/visualfoxprogeneral/thread/fbedab21-6996-400f-bc25-7fe1c1bbdc1d/ Open File Security Warning - The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software http://www.wincert.net/tips/microsoft-windows/2065-open-file-security-warning-the-publisher-could-not-be-verified-are-you-sure-you-want-to-run-this-software.html Thanks Zhang
August 15th, 2012 10:29pm

I thought that I hadfound the solutions. Not only have I added the server from where the file comes from to my local Intranet. I have also changed the settings so there is a low security setting for local Intranet. Running unsafe files is allowed.. + the exe and bat file added to moderate risk file type. I also uninstalled IE ESC on that server. But it's still not working. Is there a service pack I can uninstall?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 16th, 2012 6:42am

I believe that I have found the solutions. Not only have I added the server from where the file comes from to my local Intranet. I have also changed the settings so there is a low security setting for local Intranet. Running unsafe files is allowed.. + the exe and bat file added to moderate risk file type. I also uninstalled IE ESC on that server. Thanks for all advice!
September 1st, 2012 6:10am

Hi! Got a huge problem, and it's annoying me a lot. Hopefully some of you can help me. I got a windows server 2003 install. It runs a script from another server from time to time, and pushes out some messages to another server. lately it has started giving me "the publisher could not be verified" when this exe-file runs. And then I manually have to press yes. Since this is supposed to be an automatic process, it's actually quite annoying to have to do this manually 8 times a day. I have googled all over the internet and tried the following "solutions" which did not work: 1) I added the external site to local Intranet and added the external server as \\servername 2) I added the site to local site and added the external server as \\servername 3) I added the site to local site and added the external server as \\servername\pathtoexe.exe 4) I added the site to local Intranet and added the external server as \\servername\pathtoexe.exe 5) I allowed running unsecure files without prompting (all of the above settings in security -> Internet Explorer) 6) start->run->gpedit.msc user config | adm templates | win components | attachment manager -> added *.exe to inclusion list for moderate risk files. 7) start->run->gpedit.msc user config | adm templates | win components | attachment manager -> added *.exe to inclusion list for low / high risk files. 8) start->run->gpedit.msc user config | adm templates | win components | attachment manager -> added *.exe to inclusion list for 6) and 7) at the same time Now I am at my wit's end, and don't know what to do anymore. Any good suggestions? Is there any servicepack / update I can uninstall perhaps?. This is a server in production, and I don't like very much to a) restart and b) uninstall service packs | updates. Thanks for all help in advance. ga:lam
September 1st, 2012 8:57am

Hi, Do you really want to disablePublisher Could Not Be Verified message pop-up, here is the way:http://www.technipages.com/disable-publisher-could-not-be-verified-messages.htmlRegards, Ravikumar P
September 1st, 2012 10:18pm

There is a way to turn off the Publisher Could Not Be Verified Messages Open gpedit.msc and Go to User Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> Windows Components >> Attachment Manager. Add "*.exe" to the "Inclusion list for moderate risk file types" setting. "This policy setting allows you to configure the list of moderate risk file types. If the attachment is in the list of moderate risk file types and is from the restricted or Internet zone, Windows prompts the user before accessing the file. ..." In other words, this allows you to run an .exe from the Intranet zone without a prompt, but it will warn before running one from the Internet. The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software? http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/visualfoxprogeneral/thread/fbedab21-6996-400f-bc25-7fe1c1bbdc1d/ Open File Security Warning - The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software http://www.wincert.net/tips/microsoft-windows/2065-open-file-security-warning-the-publisher-could-not-be-verified-are-you-sure-you-want-to-run-this-software.html Thanks Zhang
September 1st, 2012 10:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics