how to fix this is who in the picture ?

I use this script in server 2008 R2 for Storing Windows Event Viewer Output in a SQL Server table with PowerShell :

foreach ($server in Get-Content c:tempservers.txt) { $variable = ( Get-EventLog -ComputerName $server -LogName Security -After 22-08-2011 | select @{Expression={$($server) };Label = ComputerName} ,index,TimeGenerated,EntryType,Source,InstanceID,Message ) $valuedatatable = Out-DataTable -InputObject $variable Write-DataTable -ServerInstance YourServer -Database YourDatabase -TableName EventError -data $valuedatatable 

the link : https://www.simple-talk.com/blogs/2011/08/31/storing-windows-event-viewer-output-in-a-sql-server-table-with-powershell/

February 15th, 2014 1:43am

It is wrong interpretation of $valuedatatable in 275 character. Perhaps something like | is missing in front of assigmnet of this variable. Second possible reason is something like recurrency

$valuedatatable = ....   -data $valuedatatable

I would recommend to rewrite this in more than one line.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 15th, 2014 3:45am

$valuedatatable = ....   -data $valuedatatable

I would recommend to rewrite this in more than one line.

how to rewrite this script or how is the form final solution of the script ?

please help !

February 15th, 2014 4:51am

Well the most obvious thing that stands out is that you are missing a closing "}" for your foreach statement.  I would also reformat it to look like this:

foreach ($server in Get-Content c:tempservers.txt) 
{ 
    $variable = ( Get-EventLog -ComputerName $server -LogName Security -After 22-08-2011 | select @{Expression={$($server) };Label = ComputerName} ,index,TimeGenerated,EntryType,Source,InstanceID,Message )
    $valuedatatable = Out-DataTable -InputObject $variable 
    Write-DataTable -ServerInstance YourServer -Database YourDatabase -TableName EventError -data $valuedatatable
}

February 15th, 2014 1:19pm

Well the most obvious thing that stands out is that you are missing a closing "}" for your foreach statement.  I would also reformat it to look like this:

{ 
    $variable = ( Get-EventLog -ComputerName $server -LogName Security -After 22-08-2011 | select @{Expression={$($server) };Label = ComputerName} ,index,TimeGenerated,EntryType,Source,InstanceID,Message )
    Write-DataTable -ServerInstance YourServer -Database YourDatabase -TableName EventError -data $valuedatatable
}

I try with your script but dont working and dont Storing Windows Event Viewer Output in a SQL Server table with PowerShell

please check this link Is this the way a successful ?

https://www.simple-talk.com/blogs/2011/08/31/storing-windows-event-viewer-output-in-a-sql-server-table-with-powershell/

February 18th, 2014 9:23am

{ 
}

I try with your script but dont working and dont Storing Windows Event Viewer Output in a SQL Server table with PowerShell

please check this link Is this the way a successful ?

https://www.simple-talk.com/blogs/2011/08/31/storing-windows-event-viewer-output-in-a-sql-server-table-with-powershell/

February 21st, 2014 2:40am

Do you have the Write-DataTable and Out-DataTable functions defined in your code or have you imported a module that contains them? Also, can you attach or show the actual error your getting now?
February 21st, 2014 2:55am

Do you have the Write-DataTable and Out-DataTable functions defined in your code or have you imported a module that contains them? Also, can you attach or show the actual error your getting now?
February 21st, 2014 10:52am

February 21st, 2014 10:52am

thank you Anthony James Brown , can you explain more what you mean :

1. have the Write-DataTable and Out-DataTable  , how can it .
  2. have imported a module .
  • please tutorial and explain more , I am a beginner to use (windows powershell) .
March 15th, 2014 2:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics