how to check when SP1 was installed on a Windows Server 2008
Hi All, I need to check two things First >> When my VM (abc) was created then was SP1 installed at that time or was it installed later? If Later then how to check when was SP1 installed on any windows server 2008 r2 Second >> is there a way to check which OS version was installed on the server. Like right now I have Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601] but was this OS version installed at the first place or over the time this has been upgraded Thanks all
May 22nd, 2012 5:03am

Go to "Control Panel -> Programs and features", click "View installed updates" on the left pane and on the list you will see if SP1 was installed separateley or not. If, so there will be update with date. The second option, you can get by running winver (in run box) or systeminfo (in command-line) Regards, Krzysztof ---- Visit my blog at http://kpytko.wordpress.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 22nd, 2012 5:10am

I have a server whose Build number is 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 How can I check if this version was updated ? If yes then when ? In the Update History I do not see SP1 installed for Windows Server
May 22nd, 2012 5:16am

Hi, You can use a Powershell Cmdlet : #To list all updates Get-HotFix #To list only Service Pack Get-HotFix -Description "Service Pack" Regards,
May 22nd, 2012 5:23am

6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 means that this Windows Server 2008R2 with SP1 built-inRegards, Krzysztof ---- Visit my blog at http://kpytko.wordpress.com
May 22nd, 2012 5:24am

Hi, You can use a Powershell Cmdlet : #To list all updates Get-HotFix #To list only Service Pack Get-HotFix -Description "Service Pack" Regards,
May 22nd, 2012 5:28am

Hi, If you installed the server system with a slipstream version(Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 was integrated into the system), then you will not be able to find the history in Windows Update.
May 22nd, 2012 6:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics