how to change the report layout direction in ssrs

Dears,

I use reporting services in designing my reports. now, I need to change the report layout  dynamically according to a parameter. how to do this.

thanks a lot for you co-operation.

August 23rd, 2015 2:37pm

Hi Amer Al_Tahawy

All components in Reporting Services you can change display option by the properties. In Visibility properties you can show or hide based on an expression:

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 23rd, 2015 9:39pm

Hi Amer,

Based on my understanding, you want to change the value of  LayoutDirection property automatically based on selected parameter values, right?

In Reporting Services, the LayoutDirection property contains two values: LTR and RTL. Its not supported to specify its value with an expression currently. So we are not able to change LayoutDirection based on the condition of the selected parameter values.

As a workaround, if we want to change layout direction of one report control based on the parameters, we can create an extra same control contains the same data, set one control display as LTR, other display as RTL. Then set those two controls display or hide based on corresponding parameter values.

Reference:
LayoutDirection Element

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

August 23rd, 2015 10:57pm

I do this but it give me a performance issue because it take more time. if there is any way to reduce the time.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 10:16am

Hi Amer,

In Reporting Services, the total time to generate a report include TimeDataRetreval, TimeProcessing and TimeRendering. To analyze which section take much time, we can check the table Executionlog3 in the ReportServer database. For more information, please refer to this article: More tips to improve performance of SSRS reports.

In your scenario, since you have added an additional tablix control, it's expected to cost a little more time to run the report. You can optimize the report performance refer to this article: Troubleshooting Reports: Report Performance.

If you have any question, please refer to this article:

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

August 25th, 2015 10:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics