how do i ?
has anybody any ideas how i can access my windows home server, from a old laptop running puppy linux 5.10 ?
September 1st, 2010 1:21pm

Windows support both SMB shares (the default) as NFS shares. Unfortunately NFS is not supported in Windows Home Server as indicated in this thread. So you will need an smb client for your linux distribution (samba). Another possibility would be to setup ftp on the homeserver, which probably is supported out of the box on your linux distribution. Anyway, the most configuration will be needed on the linux box. I bet someone in userforums or communities for this distribution will have a more detailed procedure for what to do!MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2010 3:01pm

Hi, You’d better discuss this issue in our Windows Home Server forum: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/WindowsHomeServer/ Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 2nd, 2010 6:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics