how can i change location of quick launch folder?
hi,on an enterprise 2008 x86 server (may be that the system is not relevant) with 2 users and 1 admin account i experience the following issue: admin account quick launch is populated with one of the two users quick launch folder.other facts:- logged-in as admin, right-click on quick launch -> open folder gives me user folder.- admin env vars (userprofile and homepath) values seems to be ok (pointing to admin user folder).- admin has its own quick launch folder (c:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\) with appropriate rights.- the two users quick launch works as expected.- i observ this issue after i installed google chrome from the user account (using admin credentials), may be it is not related to the issue.i would appreciate any idea for fixing this issue.thanks,costin
January 2nd, 2010 4:21am

The Reg_Sz sting values in;HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell FoldersHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Foldersare dynamically altered according to the Reg_Expand_Sz strings found in;HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell FoldersHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell FoldersSo you might have a look at what's there.Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 2nd, 2010 4:45am

hi,seems that i had wrong things in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders (AppData and Local AppData were pointing to users folderst instead of admin ones). changed and now it is working as expected.thanks,Costin
January 2nd, 2010 5:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics