how can I set office 2013 sharedtemplates with GPO?

I have a domain with Windows server 2008

I have to use a Group policy to set Word 2013  sharedtemplates folder (word 2013 under advanced option, default directory, workgroup templates)  to point a shared folder on the server.

If I do it manually on word the folder is set under hkcu\software\microsoft\office\15.0\common\general\sharedtemplates

I've added to the serveroffice14 admx, make a new Group policy,  but the only key available  are under administrative templates\office 2013\shared path\workgroup templates path. But when this policy is applied to the pc, the key are set under hkcu\software\POLICIES\Microsoft\office\15.0\common\general\sharedtemplates and this seems to have no effect on word.

How can I do it?

Thank you

Ales

October 4th, 2013 7:54pm

What version of Office are you using? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179176.aspx states the following:

Using Group Policy to manage Office 2013 is supported only in Office 365 ProPlus, in volume licensed versions of Office 2013, and in individual Office 2013 applications that are sold through retail stores or through volume licensing.

So, if you are using an Office suite that is not volume licensed, GPO will not work.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 5th, 2013 9:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics