gsm not working

Running scom 2012 sp1 and i am trying to use the new GSM feature. Downloaded and imported the mp's, installed windows identification, started subscription. Set up a test web availability test url for monitoring.  My monitor in test state shows up as "not monitored"

. I can access the internet from my servers using a proxy and I have configured my subscription to use that proxy. It looks like it is still having connectivity issues with Windows public cloud, i am guessing.

These errors show up in the MS operations log

Log Name:      Operations Manager
Source:        HealthService
Date:          10/16/2013 1:40:29 PM
Event ID:      1105
Task Category: Health Service
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      xxx.xxx.com
Description:
Type mismatch for RunAs profile in workflow "Microsoft.SystemCenter.Omonline.OutsideIn.VSWebTest.Attachments.AlertProcessingRule", running for instance "Global Service Monitor" with id:"{298CB0DA-4453-EFD2-A7AC-C2E8F2F7100D}". Workflow will not be loaded. Management group "

Computer:      cxxx.xxxeam.com
Description:
Type mismatch for RunAs profile in workflow "Microsoft.SystemCenter.Omonline.OutsideIn.Discovery.CommunicationChannelRule", running for instance "Global Service Monitor" with id:"{298CB0DA-4453-EFD2-A7AC-C2E8F2F7100D}". Workflow will not be loaded. Management group

Computer:      .com
Description:
Type mismatch for RunAs profile in workflow "Microsoft.SystemCenter.Omonline.OutsideIn.Discovery.ConfigUploaderRule", running for instance "Global Service Monitor" with id:"{298CB0DA-4453-EFD2-A7AC-C2E8F2F7100D}". Workflow will n

October 16th, 2013 3:37pm

I forgot to add that in monitoring: operations manager\global service monitor\global service monitor state shows green
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 16th, 2013 6:39pm

"Type mismatch for RunAs profile in workflow"

this simply means you have configured the wrong RunAs account type.

There are four runas PROFILES for GSM - some get configured automatically when going thru the wizard and are 'binary' runas accounts (which you can't really modify by hand), while some you can configure manually (i.e. for the proxy):

GSM RunAs Profiles

What TYPE of Runas ACCOUNT have you associated to these RunAs PROFILEs? Can you elaborate on the configuration there?

October 16th, 2013 7:11pm

Daniele is correct. This indeed points to a misconfiguration in run as profiles. However, you should not have to modify any of these profiles yourself. Have you manually changed the runAs associations for any of these profiles? Even the proxy one is configured automatically for you via the signup wizard.
October 16th, 2013 8:29pm

Global Service Monitor Run As Profile Configuration

October 17th, 2013 12:06pm

Global Service Monitor Run As Profile Password

Global Service Monitor Run As Profile Proxy

October 17th, 2013 12:12pm

Hi lars,

It's hard to say but it looks like the "Global Service Monitor Run As Profile Proxy" profile is the one misconfigured. This profile is, by default, empty. You should only change it if the default action account in SCOM does NOT have access to the proxy you specified when you signed up to GSM (in SCOM console). So, first thing to try is to remove this RunAs account from the "Global Service Monitor Run As Profile Proxy" profile (to do that, go to profile properties and remove the account). At this point, please check whether your original error ("Type Mismatch") goes away (you may want to restart the health service here). If the default action account in SCOM does have access to the proxy, then everything should work at this point. Otherwise, please do the following:

1. Create a RunAs account for the desired account which has access

2. Associate that account with the proxy profile.

3. Restart health service

October 24th, 2013 1:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics