granting access to folder and all subfolders/files without replacing child object permissions
I have a folder and ~50 sub-folders that I need to grant a single userID access to the root folder, and all sub-folders and files within that folder without having the ability to have inheritance on with the child objects or doing a replace on child objects due to the special permissions that vary on each child folder (each sub-folder is a 3rd party FTP server root with each sub-folder being related to a different virtual site/directory. I have tried xcacl and that for some reason does not propogate that ID onto the child folders/files. looking at subinacl it looks like it only does files, nothing about it being folder(s). xcacls command I used: cscript xcacls.vbs D:\rootfolder /T /E /G userid:M rootfolder gets the new "userid" with modify permissions, but none of the child folders are getting it. Thanks in advance for any assistance or suggestions.
August 31st, 2011 1:23pm

Hi caveney I guess you sorted this already since it's been a while, but for reference I think the switches you needed were /f/s/t (files, subfolders & traverse tree). Full syntax guide is available here... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825751 Douks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 3rd, 2012 2:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics