give administration privilage to run a program (only for that specific program)
Dear Techies,I has one program in my organization which runs under only administrator account (account with full permissions on pc), due to security reasons I cant give this admin rights to the users, I tried to use "run as" but when the user log off and login it doesn't work.Can anybody tell the procedure that how to make only that program to run under admin privilege Thanks in advance for your support.Regards,Phani Kumar .B
December 3rd, 2008 10:13am

Hello Phani,You can Change the file and directory permissions on the application folders where your application is installed.Lets say you installed the application in C:\test for change the test folders user rights to full control for that particular user or group.ORYou can fixthisissueto allow limited users to access theprogram files folder with "change" capability rather than "read" whichis the default.C:\>cacls "Program Files\appfolder" /e /t /p users:cwhere "appfolder" is the folder where the application is installed.If you wish to undo these changes, then runC:\>cacls "Program Files\appfolder" /e /t /p users:rIf you still have a problem with running the program or savingsettings on limited accounts, you may need to change permissions onthe registry keys. Run regedit.exe and go to HKLM\Software\vendor\app,where "vendor\app" is the key that the software vendor used for yourspecific program. Change the permissions on this key to allow Usersfull control."Thanks and Hope it worksSyed Khairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 3rd, 2008 2:02pm

hi syed,Thanks for your reply,User is domain user not local user can u specify the commands for domain user please.Regards,Phani kumar .B
December 8th, 2008 10:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics