get an error for changing the windows authentication mode to the both SQL and windows authentication mode

I installed the SQL server Express 2008 R2 and then SQL Server Management Studio 2008 R2 . But during the installation, I could not choose the both SQL and windows authentication mode and an error accrued so I did that just with windows authentication mode. 
Now, I want to change the windows authentication mode account to the SQL authentication mode but it shows me an error which is you do not have permission (Although I am the administrator in windows), what can I do?
Following steps are the steps that I went but I got an error:
Server properties >> security >> choose the option of SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode 
and the error that I got is attached(access is denied)  
Can you please help me?

April 30th, 2015 4:12pm

You can change the setting after you gain admin rights to your SQL Server. You don't admin rights automatically, you have to explicitly add yourself during the install

Here's a guide on how to (re)gain those rights:

http://v-consult.be/2011/05/26/recover-sa-password-microsoft-sql-server-2008-r2/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2015 4:35pm

You can change the setting after you gain admin rights to your SQL Server. You don't admin rights automatically, you have to explicitly add yourself during the install

Here's a guide on how to (re)gain those rights:

http://v-consult.be/2011/05/26/recover-sa-password-microsoft-sql-server-2008-r2/

April 30th, 2015 8:34pm

Thanks for your guidance but it couldn't solve my problem. When I want to open the sqlcmd one error occurred that "Server is in single user mode. Only one administrator can connect at this time." 

This computer has two admin one is the IT admin and myself. 

Do you have any suggestion in this situation?

May 7th, 2015 4:06pm

Hi

That means something else is connecting in before you get the opportunity.

- Make sure the SQL Server Agent isn't started. 

- Make sure no application services are connecting (e.g. stop your connecting website, etc).

- Make sure no other automated processes are connecting (e.g. scheduled tasks)

May 7th, 2015 4:17pm

Hi

I could create a new SYSADMIN  account by your guidance but unfortunately when I want to connect to the SQL with this new account, the another error accrued.

I really appreciate that if you can help me with this too.  

May 28th, 2015 1:51pm

Hi

see here

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175496%28v=sql.105%29.aspx

it has typical causes and resolution for this error.

May 28th, 2015 2:15pm

Thank you so much for your answers but I knew that and I checked that named pipes protocol is which is enabled and also  is listed before TCP in the client protocol order. every thing is OK as the following pic but I really don't know what's wrong with that?? I still get previous error?!!

May 29th, 2015 10:49am

Make sure it's enabled in SQL "Server Network Configuration\Protocols for MSSQLSERVER". The screenshot you included only seems to be the client.
May 29th, 2015 11:05am

Yes  it is as you can see :(

May 29th, 2015 2:24pm

You can change the mode from registry

regedit-->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQLX.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQLServer\loginmode

1=Windows

2=Mixed

You have to restart the instance after the change.

May 29th, 2015 2:38pm

As a test how about disabling named pipes and restarting the instance? See if the error message changes
May 29th, 2015 3:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics