folder redirection fails offen in Vista and Win 7
I have the samen problem on Windows 2003 server and Windows 2008 server.I use folder redirection set by GPO. No checking exclusive rights on the folder. All users using one madatory profile ( separated for XP, Vista and Win 7)Off-line files are disabled.All updates doneEverthing working fine on XP-clients But the folder redirection fails alternated in Win 7 and Vista.Simple: login -> folder redirection ok. log off, or shut down, and login again -> folder redirection fails log off, or shut down, and login again -> folder redirection okWhatever the time between the logins is.I try it als without roaming profile. Same problem.Pse help. This problem exists more than 18 months and forces me to prohibit Vista and Win 7 on clients.
February 3rd, 2010 7:14pm

Hi, If your Windows Vista/Windows 7 clients are in a same OU where the XP clients reside, you may try to separate them into different OUs and create new folder redirection GPO for Windows Vista\7 clients using Windows Server 2008. If the problem continues, on Windows 7 machine where GPO failed to apply, please collect the event log and Gpsvc.log files to check if there is any related error. For more information about gpsvc.log, please refer to: http://blogs.technet.com/mempson/archive/2010/01/10/userenvlog-for-windows-vista-2008-win7.aspx Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2010 1:14pm

Hi tnx for answer:I didn't got enough time to test today. I tested with a Vista workstation with no roaming profile and it works fine on a 2003 domain.Until i deleted the lokal profile. Then it started agian. I must notice that I will not use caching of profile or documents. So the grouppolicy makes that the local copy's of the profiles are deleted after loging off.I have a big group of users working everywhere on the computers so documents must stay on server and local profiles (mandatory) must be removed after log out. In the gpsvc.log i found some errors when it goes wrong. But why it goes alternating wrong an wright is a mistery.ProcessGPOs: Extension Folder Redirection ProcessGroupPolicy failed, status 0x3eb.GPSVC(478.5b8) 15:53:58:677 ProcessGPOs: Processing extension Folder RedirectionGPSVC(478.5b8) 15:53:58:677 CompareGPOLists: The lists are the same.GPSVC(478.5b8) 15:53:58:677 CheckGPOs: No GPO changes but couldn't read extension Folder Redirection's status or policy time.Must be a simpler explanation. I can't imaging I'm the only one in the whole world with this problem.At least folder redirection by GPO with Vista interprice or Window 7, so simple as it can, must working as with XP Pro. Isn't it?Best regards
February 9th, 2010 4:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics