export vertical view to PDF
Hi, I have a Chart report which is larger than the PDF width, is it possible to make it vertical to fit the PDF size ?
April 21st, 2015 11:22pm

Yes it should be - right click the chart - and select "Change Chart Type" - select a chart with the layout you want.  

What type of chart are you using at the moment? Can you post a picture? .

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 21st, 2015 11:27pm

Hi, Lucas,

Yes, I can change the type of the chart. But it doesn't help to print and fit the PDF size. I am using stacked column

April 22nd, 2015 10:28am

So what exactly do you mean by "make it vertical"?
April 22nd, 2015 7:09pm

Hi sdnd2000,

Per my understanding that you have a chart in the report which is very large and t he width is big when export to PDF it will display part of the chart in the next page, now you want to change the chart top display from horizontal to vertical, right?

If so and the chart is the column chart you can change the chart type to "Bar chart" to make it from horizontal to vertical or Vice versa.

If it is not an column chart or bar chart, you can change the paper size to "Landscape" which will increase the Width and decrease the Height like below, when you export to PDF, the PDF will be more wider:

You can also custom the position of the chart area to decrease the value in the left or change the width to fit the chart area as below:

If you still have any problem, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Vicky Liu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

April 22nd, 2015 9:40pm

Hi, Vicky_Liu,

I am using column chart, where I can switch the page size to landscape, just like your picture. I am using Data tool 2010

thanks

• Edited by sdnd2000 5 hours 33 minutes ago
April 23rd, 2015 9:33pm

Hi,

Go to Menu -->Report--> Report properties --> Page layout

as shown in below screen:-

Thanks

Prasad

April 23rd, 2015 11:36pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics